Thursday, August 28, 2008

My camera is broken. . . . . .


















So that's my 'excuse' for not blogging in a while. My kids were playing/fighting over the camera and it got a little heated. . . . .it's broken. I have now purchased a new Costco model and it is charging as we speak. Thankfully I was in AZ for part of the last couple of weeks and my mom sent some photos to prove it. Otherwise, this blog would be just words. Words aren't quite as fun. Thanks Mom.

So I have had a whirlwind couple of weeks. Most of my time was spent in the car (or so it felt). I drove the girls and the dog to AZ on Friday morning. . . .swam, got a haircut/color (thanks B), met with a client, got the kids settled and then left for home (kid/dog - less) on Saturday afternoon. Sunday - packed, went to church, cooked food for Ryan. Monday - woke up early and left for LA. I spent Monday - Friday in LA working by myself. In a hotel by myself. Did I mention that I was by myself. . . . for 5 days? Yeah, not sure that will ever happen again, but I know that I haven't slept that much or that well in about 5 years. It was great. But I will admit that by the end of the week I definitely missed my kids. I missed Ryan too, but we met up halfway through the week for dinner, so it wasn't nearly as long. Well, Friday I had planned on going home and driving with Ryan to pick up the kids the next day (Saturday). As I was driving home I just decided to stop by the house, drop off my stuff and keep going. I certainly wasn't going to be tired. . . I'd had plenty of sleep. So I did that. . . just kept driving and surprised the girls by getting there a day earlier. They were excited. Then we all woke up the next morning and drove home. Whew. Glad to be home.

The kids had such a great time. They spent the first half of the week with the Smith's and the second half of the week with the Rogers'. We are so lucky to have family that loves our kids as much as we do. Thanks Mom. Thanks Marilyn.
We leave tomorrow for one final beach trip of the summer! We are all so excited. Then school starts (technically it starts on the 2nd of Sept. but it's pre-school, so they're going to be a few days late!). And it's on to the schedules. Oh how I love the schedules! We're ready. Can't wait.

9 comments:

Lillie said...

Did you JUST post this too? Seriously, wave lengths.

Yeah, I'm too excited to pack. (And I'm tired from watching four kids and quite honestly, I just prefer to save everything for the last minute, I think it's part of my charm.)

Just kidding. Except that no, haven't packed a thing. Started a load of laundry...

Suzanne and Patrick said...

Holy Toledo, you did a lot in one week! But, to have 5 days all by yourself....Wow!!! It might sound weird, but did you get bored at times? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally envious and know that one day I won't be a nursing mama and will enjoy it as much as you.
Kail looks like a mini Kodi and Ella looks like a mini Brooke. Too cute! Can your two girls swim already? You are a champion swim teacher!!

Brooke said...

It was a fun time, although you were missed! And it was kindof exhausting entertaining 4 kids! But fun.....I just need to get this baby out!

Megan said...

LOL. Sounds like you are a working mom. Holy BUSY!
I am glad you are home now too. I love being home also especially after a whirl wind week like that.

PS. Bilingual Kail is hilarious. SMILE!

Stacey Crewse said...

Busy, busy, busy!!! What a week! And what a sweet mom you are to drive to pick up your kids a day early! We need to get together next time you're in AZ or when I'm in CA!!

Erica said...

It looks like you guys had a great summer!

Renee said...

Looks like the girls were in good hands. Our video camera broke 3 days before our Kauai trip. It is tough to make those purchases quickly but you'd hate to miss anything. Good thing your Mom is a good back-up for you. Glad your back up and running, I look forward to more pictures from your beach trip.

Brittney Smith said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. We were sad we couldnt meet you for lunch, but we are heading to Cali next week, and maybe we could stop then!!

carlee said...

Wow lady! That is busy and you are so professional. What were you doing in LA working?? you are so HOT! In LA working? I want to be cool like you. Seriously!
Glad you had a moment to yourself. Those are wonderful times and yet not so wonderful... we do love our crazy kids don't we?