Monday, September 29, 2008

. . . Even Myself

Kail loves to write. She is always asking, "Mom, how do you spell 'love'?" ,"Mom, how do you spell 'Anderson' (the name of her baby doll)?" She loves it all. Well the other day she asked me, "Mom, how do you spell 'even myself'?" I spelled it out E, V, E. . . "Kail what are you writing?" I asked. She said that she would show me in a minute. I proceeded to give her the rest of the letters. When she was finished she had written this:



Translation for those of you who don't speak or write 'Kail'. "I love Mom, Dad, Mia, Rosie, I love Smith's. . . even myself". She was so proud of this declaration and had it taped to her dresser for a week. I have thought about it a lot since and have realized that she is already learning at such a young age the one thing I really want her to know. Of course I want her to love her family and to love others. But most importantly I want her to love herself too.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

So sweet!

Kim said...

She is a precious little one. Deep thoughts by Kail Smith. Just think of what she will be writing in 10 years. To be able to recognize how special she is, and to be able to express it, is wonderful.

Andrea said...

Awww....and she's so smart! She's going to do so well in Kinder. You must be so proud! =)

Lillie said...

She is so smart that girl... I love when she's here and asks me questions and I can see how intently she is REALLY taking in the answer. I always stop and think a second longer when I realize she'll actually remember it... like I can't just make stuff up. :)

And should I even say it? Why haven't you yelled at me for not checking your blog. I swear the temple post was there for like a month and now... well I had to hit "older posts" to find it. Holy Cow. I HATE being behind.