Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 3 - Del Mar, CA







Highlights of our 3rd (and final) week with the Smith's:
-Mia & Rosie being reunited after a week long absense.
-Sea World (again. . . the kids LOVE that place. Kail couldn't stop talking about the Atlantis ride.)
-A visit Downtown which included The Cheese Shop (best blueberry pancakes ever) and a stop at the Children's Museum to see an actual unsigned copy of the Declaration of Independance. Cool for us, not so cool for Mia.
-Ryan and his brothers wrestling on children's park equipment and then a perfect stranger decided he wanted a piece of the action. At first no one knew if the stranger was serious, but oh my ...he was. Sweat was flying and I was laughing so hard I was crying. Of all the missed photo ops, that one tops my list.
-Seeing (and smelling) the seals at the La Jolla Children's Cove and showing the girls the spot where Ryan & I got engaged.
-Ryan & I racing in the swimming pool.
-Shopping at Flower Hill and seeing the darling movie, "Kit Kittredge".
-Another delicious trip to Ghiradelli with Reagan & Cassie.

6 comments:

Alysa said...

Hi Kodi. Thanks for the invite. I just took a quick look at your blog and will come back for more at an earlier time than 11:00 p.m. You guys sure are an adorable family. Can't wait to get to know you better -- new blogging friend. Take care and have a super week!

Brooke said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!!! You are spoiled....I miss you guys! I had big plans to come to your house sometime before the new babe for the weekend, we'll see how ambitious I am!

Lillie said...

Oh my goodness.. the stranger? Seriously, some grown man? So did he just like-- join the pileup and wrestle the Smith boys?? Wow-- really wish you got a picture of that one.

Did I realize you got engaged in SD? Where? La Jolla? Lovely...

Lillie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Larissa said...

Looks like so much fun. Wow, what a vacation!

koko bean..... said...

I love the last picture......Way to cute. I love how happy they look together.