Friday, July 18, 2008

Week 2 - Carlsbad, CA






Highlights of our second week with the Rogers' :
-The BEACH. . . .morning noon and night
-Playing with our cousins Ella & Bennett and admiring the belly of Aunt Brooke (which is housing the next Rogers' cousin).
-The huge hole the guys dug on the beach. It kept the kids entertained for hours.
-4th of July
-Carlsbad Outlets
-Cessie's burritos on the beach
-Going to sleep to the sound of the waves
-Watching movies at night with 4 or 5 of us all huddled around Dad's laptop
-No TV
-Fireworks
-Suprising my Mom and Rylee by picking them up from the airport in matching family reunion shirts. . . (wish I had a picture) and then opting for Ghiradelli sundaes instead of dinner.
-Runs and walks on the beach

You might notice that I have twice as many pictures from the second week. That is because I have a very talented, photo snapping sister who sent me all the pics she had. And there were a LOT. Thank you, Brooke. I also just 'borrowed' this cute collage that she made from the 4th of July.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

It's funny that more than half of those pics weren't posted on my blog because I had posted so many already, now I am wishing I had put some of those on....and maybe done a little editing of them too! Oh well, there's only so much time in a day! Can't wait to finish the "photoshoot" ones.....you might be waiting a bit though!

koko bean..... said...

I love the pics... That hole is SO SWEET... Man, what kid wouldn't love that. We are so happy that you had a great time but we are more excited that your back...;) I can't wait till we have our time at the beach...

Kizzycakes said...

hooray, hooray, hooray! i've been anxiously anticipating your return and updates! so, i'm kind of a 1 long comment girl, rather than a 3 shorter comments girl, so here goes. First of all, a stick? ew! my heart was racing for you as i was reading. she IS a brave, beautiful girl -- so glad you survived that one! and those wedding pictures are gorgeous -- especially of YOU and your cute family. and i love seeing all the fun beachy times with both families -- so great! (i noticed carlsbad outlets listed on both highlight lists -- good for you!) we miss you -- glad to see you're having such a fun summer.

Lillie said...

So I'm all caught up. And I'm leaving ONE more comment just to make sure you know that I DO READ your blog. Hmpf.

Megan said...

Love, love, love San Diego. What a great way to spend a vacation. Sounds like you had a blast.