Friday, June 20, 2008

Preschool Festivities







Kail finished up Preschool last week. That week was bitter-sweet. She has one of those birthdays. The birthdays that are a week and a half away from letting you go to kindergarten. Kail really wants to go to kindergarten. All of Kail's friends are going to kindergarten. But, we have to wait another year.
Kail was a little troubled that she didn't get to wear the graduation hat and gown and stroll to the graduation song. It also didn't help so much that she was sandwiched in between the two smallest kids in school for the performance. Oh well. She had a fun time and loved signing the words to the Pocahantas song "Colors of the Wind" and dancing to the "Monkey Mambo". It was really cute and we were really proud. Kail was beaming when she saw that her Dad had made it. She really is a daddy's girl.
The good news for Kail is that she will be the oldest kid in preschool (and all the subsequent years of school after). And she will have her little sister there next year to play with on the playground. I think she's decided that kindergarten can wait a year.
Kail was also the Student of the Week on the last week of school. Every Monday she would come home and proudly proclaim who was the current Student of the Week. She would tell me all about their favorites. It was a pretty big deal to her. Her turn finally came and this is what she said:
Birthdate: December 15
Favorite Animal: Flamingos (because they're pink!)
A Person I Admire: Ayden
Favorite Food: Carrots
Favorite Book: Princess
What I Do Well: Making crafts
What I like most about School: Playing at the Park
My Wish: I want to be a doctor when I grow up.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Good job Kail! A doctor, wow, I'll call you in the middle of the night with questions!

Lillie said...

What a big girl--- A doctor? I love it. I believe it too.

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

A doctor is better than the ice skating ballerina. I love the way you are pointing out that your daughter is by the two shortest and I am complaining that my daughter was next to the two tallest.