Friday, June 20, 2008

Mia's Obsession



You would think that after 6 months, the obsession would end. But it hasn't. In fact today made it clear to me that Mia and Rosie are bonded together in a way that most kids and dogs are not. I was upstairs mopping the floors when I heard Kail shriek, "Mom, come look at Mia!". This happens often and it's usually accompanied by something like: Mia and the dog in the sink with bubbles and handsoap or Mia and the dog in a big pile of dirt or Mia and the dog in a puddle of water. You get the idea. She's that kind of a girl. But today was a new one. Today Mia decided to be like Rosie. A little too much. I ran downstairs and found Mia cheeks stuffed full and hands digging in to Rosie's dog treats. Yeah, she wasn't licking them, or sniffing them, she was eating them like they were chocolate chip cookies (which she is also obsessed with). I asked her to spit them out and explained that they were so yucky. She just looked at me and said, "no they're not, they're yummy." (Which may in fact be the case as I had succumbed to buying Trader's Joe's all natural dog treats. Pretty sure she found the peanut butter flavor.) Whatever. Gross. Really gross.

13 comments:

Brooke said...

At least they're all natural...still yucky! Mia and Rosie really are a pair! That child is so dang hilarious, what would you have done without Rosie, seriously? She'll keep ya on your toes....I am rambling, glad you finally updated! Can't wait to see you guys in a week! Love ya!

Suzanne and Patrick said...

I'm a big dog lover, but not to the extreme of Mia! That cracked me up! At least she has found herself a good best friend, even if it is a dog!

Kristine Thompson said...

I love it, that is so funny and so cute!

steph said...

Gross!! My Bryce eats anything and everything he can find in the backyard. Mostly just dirt, mud, and tiny snails.I just hope he's getting some good protein out of it.

We also have to wait another year for kindergarten. Maci is more than ready after 2 years of preschool thus far. Oh well, what's one more year!

Lillie said...

SOOO funny. It sounds like something I would do after committing to a diet and ridding my house of treats. The poor girl must have been desperate. :)

Holly said...

That is hilarious!! Love it. Mia is such a character.

Kim said...

Mimi is such a hoot! I love that girl! I agree with Lillie....she was just looking for a treat, and that was all she could find!

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Maybe you should try the Scooby Snacks. They are for humans and I would rather feed the dog human food than the human dog food. Two little peas in a pod.

Kizzycakes said...

Too funny. Just confirms my trust in the TJs brand. Your girls are getting too big. My kids still talk about you guys all the time -- we need to get together soon so they don't forget!

Megan said...

That is so classic!! Love that girl!

Kimberly said...

I love it! She sounds like Brooklyn and I've come to the conclusion that this dog thing will never become really easy - bummer!

Kimberly said...

I love it! She sounds like Brooklyn and I've come to the conclusion that this dog thing will never become really easy - bummer!

Brandi said...

Too funny! Maybe that's why we don't have a dog?!? So glad you are having fun at the beach. We can't wait to get there in a couple of weeks! Maybe we'll pass you on the road!:)