Monday, March 31, 2008

Del Mar, CA























I took the girls to Del Mar for a few days this past week. We had some repair work done on the ceilings of our house and it was going to be messy and inconvenient. . . so we left and headed to the 'pink house in Del Mar'! Fortunately Ryan's grandparents have a great home for us to stay in. We had a really fun day at the beach. The kids played while I read. . . it doesn't get much better than that! Ryan hadn't planned on coming, but with a little coaxing he took Friday off and we had a little mini vacation.
We took the girls to Sea World and they loved it. Mia couldn't stop chanting 'Shamu, Shamu' the whole drive home!
And that brings me to the highlight of the trip. . . the tent. We stopped by Costco to get Sea World tickets and Ryan saw this great tent. We were in the market for a new tent as we have a Ward Campout coming up (and no tent to speak of) so he picked it up. Kail thought it was so cool and asked if she could sleep in it. Ryan thought it would be fun to set it up in the house and test it out (are you serious?!). The thing is HUGE. It literally took up the entire room. Of course, Kail thought he was the coolest Dad ever for setting it up. The girls and Ryan and Rosie (and eventually me) all watched Enchanted and attempted to sleep. Ryan and the dog were successful, but the kids were not sleeping at all, so we ended up abondoning our tent about 10:30 pm and sleeping in beds!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so funny! I am jealous about the beach trip. I have good memories of that house when we were prego with Ella and Kail! Wish I could've come!

koko bean..... said...

Kodi that looks like a lot fun. I to would of left the tent to go to my bed. My kids are looking forward to the camp out.

Buchanan Blog said...

How far are you guys from San Diego? We are headed there in July and would love to meet up with you!

Shelly said...

What a fun mini vacation! I love those kind of spontaneous ones. We're dying to go to the beach. Maybe we'll go next week (my niece is getting baptized there). We should plan a time to meet at the pink house soon, even if it's just all the girls (oh yeah, and Gus :)).

Kimberly said...

Got to love the beach - and Sea World??? Everybody has been heading off to Sea World lately...I bet the girls LOVED it!

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

I'm glad you had a good time AND your house got fixed. The tent is awesome. This campout is going to be so much fun. I got all of our equipment from my sister. It is sitting in the garage anxiously awaiting usage. I agree with Kim, it seems that Sea World is just the place to be. I'll have to get with it.

Lillie said...

How did I not hear a word about this tent? My first thought when looking at the picture was, "Did they all really sleep in that tent all night? That Kodi, she's so brave." That's one of those things I wish I would want to do, it sounds so fun, but I KNOW I would want my space and my bed, and I KNOW Sophia wouldn't really sleep. I bet the girls loved it though. And what a cute picture!

Hearing that they played while you read on the beach... I SOOOOOOOOO wish I could have gone with you! I could use a vacation right about now.