Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Birthday. . . . to ME!



I had a really fun birthday! The day started out great with some presents that Kail picked out herself. She has a smart Dad who knew that if he took her to Pottery Barn she could pick out anything and I would like it! Ryan left for work and the morning quickly started to go downhill. The kids were not interested in getting ready, eating their breakfast, doing their hair, etc. Needless to say, we were running late and by the time we got to Kail's school she was in tears. I decided that it was time to take some action to save the birthday! We promptly got back in the car, canceled Speech Therapy and headed to get some pancakes . . . just the three of us. That turned out to be the best move of the day! We came home and the girls played outside with the dog for a couple of hours and then we headed to a fun lunch with friends. We enjoyed pizza with the kids and my very favorite treat - Coconut Cream pie. YUM. Thanks girls! That night we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for a yummy dinner and cheesecake. Talk about a day of indulgence! And I didn't have to cook a single meal. . . that's my kind of day!




















Some of the fun things that made my birthday happy!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I am assuming my present has not arrived yet? Darn it that mail man! You'll be happy when it comes though! Glad your day was wonderful, wish we could have celebrated with you! Love ya!

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

I'm so sorry I missed the pizza portion of your festivities. It sounds like a well celebrated day.

Brandi said...

HAPPY BELATED B-DAY KODI!!!
Sounds like it turned into a good one after all. Love that you could ditch the schedule and just go with it! I'll have to try that sometime! Now that you have all of the tough things in January behind you just think of all of the fun you can have this month!!

Lillie said...

How did I miss this post? I was sure you'd been too busy since the February post to do another. And now I find TWO! What a pleasant surprise. I'm so honored to have been part of the festivities! Happy Birthday... one more time.

SSC said...

It looks like you had a fun birthday with lots of yummy food!
Shelly