Monday, February 4, 2008

Ahhhh. . . . . February!



I am really, really, glad January is over. I think I was cursed or something. With multiple work deadlines, a potty training puppy, a potty training toddler (yeah we're still working on that), syncronized accidents from the dog and the toddler, doctor's appointments for Mia in LA and Palm Springs, a 2 day work trip to AZ with 2 kids and the dog, sick kids (with combined durations totaling about 3/4 of the month), YW responsibilities, multiple glass items broken on the tile, and who can forget the Goldfish crackers dumped in the dog's kennel. . . . . it was a rough month. Somehow writing it all down makes it seem much less significant, but it nearly did me in. Maybe the worst part was that I was a more than a little grumpy. That certainly never helps the situation. But, it's FEBRUARY. Growing up it was always one of my favorite months of course because of Valentine's, but also because of my birthday. The latter being much less exciting now as I am turning the big 30 this year. . . but surely there will be cupcakes and who can't get excited about that?!

Not a lot of photos of those unexciting events of January, but here goes. . . .






I found the kids sleeping in multiple unusual places. . . Mia at the top of the stairs when I thought for sure she was in bed; Kail on the rocking chair insisting it was comfortable (there is not even a cushion); Kail with the dog. Notice Mia is holding the dog in every picture. She insists on carrying her everywhere, much to my dismay. I have given up on asking her to stop. The constant "Mia put her down", "Mia you're hurting Rosie", "Mia stop pulling her tail", "Mia she's biting you", was getting exhausting. They're both still alive and I am just going with it. And when it comes down to it, I think they both really like each other. Oh and I must mention the pics of Kail with her new really great McDonald's toy. She insisted I take a picture of her with 'Sparkle' the stuffed rabbit. Notice she's riding in style on the edge of the scooter. Silly kid. So that's it. . . on to the month of LOVE!

13 comments:

steph said...

Happy Birthday Kodi!! I know its on the 6th, but since I am looking at your blog now, of course I had to say it!! The big 3-0!! We're all right behind you. I have a feeling its going to be a great year though!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Kod!Thanks for the update and pics of the girls. Rosie has grown! She looks like she sure loves the girls! It was 30 years ago, and dad and I were watching the movie Tora,Tora,Tora,....you know the rest of the story.....I am suprised dad didn't want to name you Tora!

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow! You were alittle grumpy but I forgive you (j/k). I cannot believe you're a day away from 30...wow how time flies! Love ya!

Lillie said...

Great attitude Kodi-- I feel like I should have been more helpful to you last month--- you always have a smile on, so I don't think I ever put it all together- the build up. Happy the month is over. :) This should be a good one, plus it's short, so if it's not--- on to the next! And once you turn 30... all that wisdom and experience... I'm sure you can handle ANYTHING. ;)

Brooke said...

Lillie said it well! We should have helped somehow to ease your burden...sorry!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Brooke said...

Don't you just love comments!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Kodi. How is that we are turning 30 years old? Seriously. What happened to playing kickball on the fields of Highland Elementary? Hope February is a better month for you. Hang in there.

Jennifer said...

Welcome to being 30! You are so young. I'm feeling old. Anyway, I'm glad you made it through the month of January. Hopefully things will calm down for you a bit. (I always hope they will calm down for me, and then I end up adding more things to do and then the kids get sick, yada,yada,yada) Thanks for answering all my crazy curtain questions, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen to me!

Holly said...

Kodi had a Birthday? And we didn't celebrate? We need to do dinner. Happy Birthday!! It is so fun to see a new post from you. I would give you a hard time about waiting so long, but just reading about your January made me exhausted. So, snaps to you for still being on your feet. :)

Shannon said...

HOpe you had a great birthday! Kind of crazy to turn 30 huh! I think I always thought I would be 20, but I look around and I have 4 kids and a suburban! Personally I think it just gets better! I don't welcome the new lines on my face, but with age I care so much less about the dumb things that used to bother me. Live it up 30 is great!

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Sorry about so much stress. It always seems so much happens all at once. It is funny you talked about Sparkle. After Maya saw Kail's, we had to go get one and now she thinks it is the coolest thing ever. Rosie is simply the littlest sister. Just accept it. As for your birthday, I hope you had a good one. Keep celebrating all month. You deserve the whole month to be a month full of love. You will always be as old as you feel.

Jon & Tara said...

i LOVE that in all the pictures mia is holding the dog. (her little friend...too cute.) as for that little mcdonalds bunny kail is pictured with...allie fell in love with the dog one, and actually LOST it in a store. she talked about that thing for 2 WEEKS! we lucked out and got another one...ironically she didn't care as much for the second one. -funny how they become attached to such random toys! Ü