Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Our Very Merry. . . .





It's hard to believe another Christmas has come and gone. . . we sure did enjoy this one! The girls were such a fun age this year. They loved the anticipation of everything and were excited about every little detail. Here are some pictures of our 'Christmas Eve'. The Smith girls must have been extra good this year, because Santa made a special early trip to our house on the 21st. Notice how happy the girls look in their new pj's in front of the tree. It is very ironic as just moments before when they were asked to pose in front of the tree there was a small 'incident'. Kail held her arms out for Mia to come join her and Mia proceeded to run as hard as she could (line backer style) directly in to Kail. Kail fell into the tree, ornaments went flying and some whimpers were heard. We pulled Kail out of the tree and as you can see, they made up! Kail decided that Santa needed 'Jo-Joe's' from Trader Joe's (like oreos but with candy cane centers. . . if you haven't tried them, you MUST) and Christmas Milk (otherwise known as egg nog). The highlight of their evening was seeing Rudolph's nose outside on the balcony just prior to going to bed. Kail rushed into bed and immediately closed her eyes for fear that Santa would get here before she was asleep (and we all KNOW how bad that could be). She kept telling Mia to hurry up and get to sleep. It was pretty darn cute.






So Santa made it as you can see! We thoroughly enjoyed our day except for one minor glitch. It seems Santa decided to bring me a nasty cold (I haven't been as good as I should have this year). So after the presents were opened and the kids were enjoying a nap, I headed to urgent care and got a prescription. We had hoped to head to AZ on the night of the 22nd, but didn't end up leaving until the morning of the 24th. We had a great time with our families for Christmas. We were all spoiled! I wish I could say that I took some great pictures with them, but I didn't. We have really great memories though! We left AZ the evening of the 26th. It was such a fun trip and we are really lucky to have such wonderful families.


We added an unexpected member to the Smith household this trip. . . . meet Rosie, our new chihuahua puppy.


I've never been a dog person. I always had dogs growing up, but never thought I would as an adult.


This little puppy won my heart over and I am sure it was mostly because the girls loved her and just lit up when she came into the room. . . .so we went for it.Thanks again Grandpa Smith for bringing her home! I didn't really believe people when they said a puppy is like another kid. However, it is TRUE. It has been an adjustment for sure, but I think we're going to make it through! And she is really cute so it is making the accidents and the whining worth it (most of the time)!

16 comments:

Kym said...

You are brave, Kodi to bring a dog home! I am like you used to be :) ...saying I will NOT have a dog as a grown up. I sure hope I don't cave! :) I hope you're feeling better now.

Kim said...

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY ROSIE!!!
HANG IN THERE KOD-IT'LL GET EASIER!
THE PICTURES ARE SO CUTE, LOOKS LIKE SANTA FOUND YOUR HOUSE TOO! WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN NEXT WEEK :) LOVE YOU!

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

SO CUTE!! I might have to cry. Matching pjs even. I am getting really excited to have two girls in a row. Give my sympathies to Kail for getting tackled right into the Christmas and don't tell her that your description of it made me laugh out loud.

I don't know if I could handle a dog either, but that Rosie had such a cute little mug that I just may have had to take her home myself.

Lillie said...

I just can't believe Ryan let you bring home a female dog... he's surrounded by a good bit of estrogen in that house! :) What a cute dog Kodi.

Seeing the girls in their cute matching jammies made me so excited for when Mila's a little older and we have matching jammies in front of our tree. Loved it.

Jennifer said...

I just have to say that I love having Mia in my class. Anyway, I love your cute dog. (Beautiful eyes!!) The kids are really pushing for us to get one. I just don't know anything about dogs. Here is what Aubrey says she wants for her birthday-- a puppy or a
7 yr old girl (adopted). She cracks me up!!!

Jessica Law said...

I am now just getting back to checking out all of the wonderful posts from the last month and your posts didn't dissapoint. Your puppy and girls looked like the holidays were over the top at the Smith household. I love the new header on your blog too. Very cute.

Brooke said...

I guess that's what I do when Rob is out of town......mess with the blog all night! Thanks!

Shannon said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas1 We all got that nasty cold too! It spoiled a ski trip and all! Good luck with the new dog! Sydnee wants a dog so bad, but I have yet to give in. YOur a nice mom!

Kimberly said...

Brookyln is SO SO jealous of your cute dog. You are such a nice Mom to let your kids have a dog! I am definately not that nice...yet. Maybe someday...

Brittney Smith said...

I Love seeing little girls match in JAMMIES!! Thanks for having Kail in dance class. She was soooo good!

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

I showed the girls the picture of Rosie and they were like "whatever" and then I told them her name is Rosie. Now they are jabbering about Rosie this and Rosie that. They can't wait to meet her. I come from a dog family. Ryan does not. My girls and I are always trying to convince him how great it would be. Maybe you and Ryan can help.

Julie Rae said...

Cute doggie!! Our min pin is for sure a member of the family. I wish I could have seen you when you were in town. The girls look so cute in their matching jammies.

Amy Yetter said...

Cute pictures. Sounds like a fun Christmas, I love it when the kids start getting old enough to be really excited. Very cute Rosie as well, we made a very similar addition, only he's black.

Lillie said...

I'm waiting... Very Merry Christmas time is over a month past Miss Kodi-- what have you been busy or something?