Saturday, December 8, 2007

You better not pout I'm telling you why. . . .







Hooray for Santa! On a fire truck?! Apparantly his sleigh was in the shop. We spent the afternoon today at a Christmas party that the association in our neighborhood put on. Lots of fun for the kids - crafts, cookies, and candy canes. The highlight for sure was Santa and Mrs. Claus. Unfortunately for us, the anticipation was much better than the actual encounter!




Here we are anxiously awaiting the arrival. (Please excuse Kail's Pippi Longstocking outfit. I thought the heart tights were really cute when I bought them, just NOT paired with her favorite green dress. In Kail's defense there is the smallest amount of pink at the top of the dress, which in her mind justified the choice in tights. This was simply not a battle I was interested in fighting today, especially because she was so pleased with her choice!):







I was pleasantly surprised at how excited Mia was about Santa. She was waving and yelling "Hi Santa" at the top of her lungs (she sometimes has a problem with volume control). As we waited in line she kept saying/signing/gesturing as she does "I want a hug Santa!" It was really cute. Mia quickly became less enamoured with Santa when she thought I was abondoning her to his lap. This is, unfortunately, why I am in the picture. Here we are with the Claus family. . . .

I'll bet you are wondering where Kail is in the picture? Well, here she is sitting in the corner. She's not really sad or crying. . . . more like mad. I'm not really sure what Santa did to make her so unhappy, but I DO know there was no persuading her to stand in line (let alone sit on his lap)! Oh well.












Here's a picture of Mia saying "Bye Santa" as he left on the firetruck. At least one of them was happy!

11 comments:

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

I think Kail looks good. Of course, my girls are in the inventive dressing mode too, so I think I have lost all sense of fashion and what works. But it looks good to me. That is so cool that your association did that. How fun. I guess it is okay that you moved. (Not really- I still feel like pouting everytime I think about it, but . . .I better not pout at this time of year.)

Jessica Law said...

I just love checking in on your family whenever I want now. Santa can be great and not so great. Maybe the kids can sense things we can't about people. But, I'm glad you had a fun time and I think the pink tights were just the right touch.

Brooke said...

I love it when you post! They are so cute! What a fun time, Ella can't wait to see Santa, we'll see if the excitement lasts!

Lillie said...

How cute is Mia's hair and outfit?! Both of them-- I'm into the pink tights and green dress. :) What a beautiful family. I LOVE your Christmas card!

Anna said...

Cute kids...even in the choice of clothing! I'm so jealous of your gorgeous weather!

Kim said...

What sweeties! The girls looked adorable, I love Mia's hair in a pony! That is so nice that Santa was able to visit. And Kail knows she's not supposed to talk to strangers, so why would she want to sit on one's lap? Love you guys!

carlee said...

I love your girls and their personalities. So cute. They remind me of how different my girls are too. They look so adorable and you look great with the Claus family. See you in a few weeks right?? are you sticking around till the 27th? I want to see you.

Holly said...

Ha Ha!! Your whole post made me laugh. Your girls individuality just makes the memories that much more vivid.

My boys were always scared to death of Santa, and I think the probably still are. Makes it hard to get a picture. :)

Stacey Crewse said...

Looks like fun! OK, I love your shoes Kodi! They even match your girls shoes... too cute!

Shannon said...

I love hearing that other mothers have to turn their head at their kids choice in clothing too. Brynlee will not wear anything but a skirt and she has two favorites at that! She comes up with some real doozies! Sounds like a fun day! Hope you guys are enjoying the holidays!

Lillie said...

Is it weird that every time I check your blog and see this picture of Santa, I think it's Santa being arrested. I know it's a fire truck and not a police car, but something about it... that's the first thing I see. Does that say something Ba-humbug-ish about me?