Tuesday, December 4, 2007

UPDATE!!! (finally)

So I know it's been awhile. . . things have been busy (come on though it's December, what more can we expect!). However I realize I have made no mention of my lovely Thanksgiving and our trip to AZ. We spent 4 days in AZ and stayed with the Rogers; ate dinner with the Smith's. It was a really great time. We ate lots of yummy food, did some Christmas shopping with just the girls, played at the park, watched movies, made Christmas tags, and enjoyed being with family. I have a mere two photos that were taken of the trip from Thanksgiving Day. Here they are:
















It's definitely Christmastime around our house. The girls are so excited about everything. We put our tree up last week and then we put up the lights outside yesterday for Family Night. Ryan bravely risked his life for the sake of the iscicle lights, but the final result was well worth it! I just love this time of year. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is turn the lights on the tree and the garlands on the stairs. I know I probably shouldn't, but I keep them on all day when I am home. It just makes me happy. I probably won't be happy when we get our bill for the month. . . . .


And just to back track a bit. . . this picture was taken the weekend before Thanksgiving. Ryan and I decided to tackle the daunting task of cleaning the garage (we decided that it was time as we have lived here since June and were only parking one car inside). So to keep the girls occupied, they put on their swim suits and went to town with the hose and blow up trampoline. I guess the desert has some perks. . . . . I am happy to say that we are officially wearing long sleeves (some days) and jeans. Ok, so the girls are mostly just wearing tights because it's hard for them to go a day without a skirt or dress. But it IS cooler, and that for that I am grateful.

Whew! So now I'm caught up. Time to wrap some presents!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Yippee! Your tree looks great! I need to send you the pics of the kiddos at moms house! I want to see the garland on the stairs too! It is the "most wonderful time of the year"!!!!

Kim said...

Yea, Kodi is updating us! Thanks, cause we miss you guys!The girls look like they were loving the water! And, do Maremo and I shop at the same stores for table and chairs? haha Kiss the girlies and tell them I love them.

Jennifer said...

I love your tree! I'm the same way with all the lights. I HAVE to have all of them on all the time.

Jessica Law said...

Hey Kodi, so fun to peek in on your family. It looks like you have a lot going on and I can't get enough of your cute girls. They just remind me of my girls so much with all the princess and parties, etc. That's great that you and Ryan broke away to Kauai for your anniversary. We love it there. We go once a year and I recognized many of the spots you visited. How fun. It is a little weird going without kids and having all too much time to yourselves isn't it? Well I am glad Ryan is enjoying his new job, is it long term?

I will pop in again.

Kym said...

The tree looks great!! I don't think I've turned off our tree lights since we put it up. just a tip...if you have "l.e.d." lights it won't effect your bill too much!

Amy Yetter said...

Hi Kodi! Thanks for the invite... I'm so excited to keep up with what you all are doing. Your girls are gorgeous and you and Ryan look great, what a great time in Hawaii!

Kelli said...

Thanks for the update, finally! Yea! Your tree is so beautiful! Got your Christmas card today. You guys are so beautiful! Love the gorgeous pictures of the girls! Thanks.

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Great decorations. Great pictures on the Christmas card. The girls can't wait for Friday. And I KNOW you love to throw a party.