So I have been tagged three times this week (I know, I know so popular) and decided I had better comply (I am not sure if the 'tag police' come after you or not, I am a little new to this). Here is my list of 7 unusual things about me:
1. I am really bad with directions. Ryan and I always joke that I didn't come with the 'internal compass' package. I just don't understand how people just KNOW which way north and south is. I have to think about it really hard. I have improved some, especially when I lived in LA and there were a zillion freeways to choose from, but it's still a struggle.
2. I can only wink with my right eye. My left eye has what's called a 'jaw winker' (weird I know) and looks like a lazy eye sometimes. It seems to have improved as I have gotten older, but it caused me lots of distress when I was a kid. Kids at school can be MEAN.
3. I LOVE to host parties or gatherings.
4. My least favorite chore at home is laundry. I really don't like all the folding and putting away and just when you think you're done. . . the laundry pile is huge again.
5. I have poor hearing in my right ear (all these ailments!). If I am laying in bed on my left side and someone tries to talk to me I have to lift my head up, or I can't hear. I've had it checked; it's not bad enough to need a hearing aid, just bad enough to be annoying.
6. I really enjoy change. I like a new haircut, a new furniture arrangement, a new house, etc. This is probably the reason that I have enjoyed moving 4 times in the past 4 years: new place, new people, new adventures. The only change I don't really like is a change in schedule (namely with the kids and naps, etc.), which leads me to the last item:
7. I really like schedules. I like knowing where I am going to be at 10am on Monday and planning out the week accordingly. I like having designated time for my kids and designated time for me. There is definitely room for flexibility, but I like knowing where I need to be and when well in advance. Which is why I always enjoy summer, but can't wait for Fall and the order that comes with it.
For the record, I am not tagging anyone else. I guess that's another unusual thing about me. I don't always enjoy playing games (especially Monopoly), and sometimes I quit.