Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My favorite Fall treat. . .

I love Fall. I love Fall colors, Fall leaves (if we had any here) and Fall food, namely pumpkin. So when I needed to make a treat for the girls at Mutual tonight, of course I made these. . . Pumpkin Bars. Yum. Here is the recipe (you won't be disappointed):

Pumpkin Bars
Mix Together the following:
6 eggs
1 1/2 c. oil
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 lg. can pumpkin (the last couple of times I have used Libby's easy pumpkin pie mix in a can - it seems like it has more spices and makes it extra yummy)
Combine and fold in:
3 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 t. soda
1 T. cinnamon
1 1/2 t. salt
Pour into 9 x 13 pan or jelly roll pan (I always use jelly roll pan. More frosting to bar ratio).
Bake at 350 for 30-40 min.

Frosting: (the BEST part)
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 stick butter
3/4 bag (1 box) powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
dash of salt

My friend Christy gave me this recipe. She is very Martha-esque about all things in the kitchen and all of my GOOD recipes come from her! :) When I make it, I think of our fun family memories together and Fall in Pasadena. That place is beautiful all the time, but there is something magical about it this time of year. The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and it is all set amongst the cutest old houses you have ever seen.

Christy and the rest of the Westover's are moving to Oregon this weekend. I am so happy for them; so sad that they are leaving California. It just gives us a reason to visit Portland though! They are wonderful friends and we wish them the best of luck! We love you Westover's!





Here is a pic of us at Ryan and John's graduation from USC.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Look how little Mimi is! I love those bars, thanks Christi! I also love when you post! I haven't checked blogs in like a day and a half, amazing I know, and I was excited to read this!

Kimberly said...

Yum! I am so excited to try them. I have a banana bar recipe that is very similar, and SO yummy. I do love pumpkin, and it is very fallish (is that a word?).

Holly said...

I am so happy to try a new fall treat. I am no cook, so I will see if I can pull this one off. I will keep you posted. (That was kind of punny:))!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the recipe! I love pumpkin!

Lillie said...

So I don't know how many were on the plate this morning, but I do know I'm down to 2 and a half pumpkin squares for Ross, and since it's 8:52 and he's still not home from work... things are NOT looking good for him. These are by far the yummiest pumpkin treat I've had. Perfect consistency, cake, and frosting... everything-- YUM! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

I'm going to try it, but I need to half the recipe, since I have a half of a can of pumpkin in my fridge. I'm sure you are going to be checking your blog every five minutes in great anticipation to find out what I thought of them, so let me warn you: it will be a couple of days.

steph said...

I love that recipe. My mom always made those growing up and they are dangerous because I can't stop eating them if they are in front of me.

Also, you have been tagged.
Rules:
Share 7 random facts about yourself; Tag 7 other blog friends & leave a comment on their blog with the rules.

Have fun!