Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our 10th Anniversary trip to HAWAII!






We just got back from Kauai where we celebrated our 10 year anniversary. We had such a great time! We dropped the girls off in AZ to visit their grandparents (thank you again Grandma Rogers and Grandma Smith) and then flew out of Phoenix. On our way to Kauai we had an 8 hour layover in Oahu and were able to visit the temple there and check out some sights. Probably the coolest thing we did once we got to Kauai was a helicopter ride around the island. LOVED IT. The island is so gorgeous and we got to see amazing waterfalls, canyons and beaches. It was a great time. Highlights of the trip included:
*Lots of Pina Coladas (virgin of course)
*Driving to Waimea Canyon in our super cute convertible
*Eating lots of mahi mahi, shrimp, crab, and other delicious seafood creations
*Sleeping in
*Renting cabanas by the beach and reading ALL day (twice)
*Chocolate & coconut covered macadamia nuts
*Snorkling at Poipu Bay
*Visiting Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
*Sunset at the Beach House restaurant
*Jogging by the beach (ok. . . so the jogging not a total highlight but we had to do something to counteract all this yummy food)
*Shopping for hula girl dolls and coconut purses for the kiddos
*Not having to make the bed

So these are really the only pictures we took besides some blurry ones of waterfalls from the helicopter. We were so busy relaxing that we didn't have 'time' to take more pictures I guess! Pure bliss.


13 comments:

Jennifer said...

OK, I'm so jealous right now! The pictures are amazing and I loved how you outlined all the fun things you did! It sounds great to be able to get away and celebrate your 10th anniversary! (especially in Hawaii!)

Kara said...

looks amazing...my favorite is the sleeping in and reading all day!

Holly said...

YAY!!! Waiting for you to post Hawaii pictures was like waiting for the last installment of Harry Potter. It looks so gorgeous, and I am glad you had such a great time. I am especially envious of the snorkeling. I love Snorkeling:). OH, and suurre those Pina Coladas were virgin. We know what shady characters you and Ryan are. We are glad that you are safely back home.

I wanted to catch you at church yesterday, but didn't get the chance. Kail was just too cute during the primary program. She made me giggle.

Brooke said...

I don't have to tell you about my jealousy! I am so glad you had a fun time and I love seeing the pics. Happy Anniversary again to you guys! Love ya!

Jon & Tara said...

Georgous! Looks like you guys had a great time! (How could you not in paradise?) Glad you got to relax, read, and not make your bed! Ü

Stacey Crewse said...

How Fun!! Looks like you two had such a great time! I agree the helicopter ride is the best! Happy 10 years! What a great way to celebrate!

Lillie said...

I'm so jealous. I want to go to Hawaii without kids and without a gigantic belly! It sounds heavenly. SO glad you had so much fun. But I must admit I'm glad you're back. And with two safe plane trips. :) Thanks to your little Oahu stop. :)

Welcome Home.

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

You guys did it right. Happy 10th. That helicopter ride looks amazing.

Brittney Smith said...

Oh my gosh! So fun. Love the virgin Pina Coladas!! I got to see Kail one day when your mom was dropping off Ella at Preschool. She is always getting so old. Crazy!! I love the Princess costumes for Halloween.

Anna said...

Congratulations on 10 years and much deserved anniversary trip! Looks like fun!

Kelli said...

Congrats on 10 years! What an amazing way to celebrate together! I am glad you both had such a good time. Loved the pictures!

Thompsons said...

I am so jealous. That looks so relaxing, and fun. How nice, congratulations!

Vernon & Brandi said...

Hi Kodi!
Looks like soooo much fun! Thanks for listing the fun things you did, that gives me ideas for when we go in April! We will be down for Thanksgiving, so I hope we'll see you then! I can't believe the girls are so big. It's been too long since we've seen you!